วันจันทร์ที่ 28 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2552

Kindle DX Pros & Cons & Conclusion

Kindle DX Pros & Cons
Pros:
1. I am a Biomedical science and Biomathematics enthusiast. I read articles ranging from NEJM to applied mathematics and I find that the Kindle DX lives up to its descriptions. The pdf files come out beautifully and even if one were to not rotate, the two column text are still legible.2. Textbook viewing: I read Physiology texts as well as heavy equation filled texts as well and find that both are very well displayed on the Kindle DX provided that they are real pdf files. Even if the files are not formatted correctly, the text comes out great when rotated to landscape mode.3. Size: Despite the other reviewers saying that the Kindle DX is slightly on the heavy side, I believe that the weight distribution is well put together. Also, a little weight makes it feel…more sturdy perhaps. 4. So if you are a science student wanting to spend some money to get the Kindle DX, your investment here will surely benefit you. I have been waiting for such a device to come out for years and finally…a step into the future.
Cons:
1. I have have nothing bad to say thus far, but I do have some things that I thought I should mention.2. The lack of the ability to store files in folders is a slight problem that can easily be overcome by a little clever naming. (Like how some reviewers proposed) I hope Amazon will provide an update, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.3. The price is a little steep. It will put a dent in a wallet of a poor college student. But work a few more hours and you will be a part of the Kindle DX hype.
Conclusion:
The Kindle DX is something that I have always wanted. Although, a little pricey, I think it is a good investment if one has the money to put into it. The functions are very close to how they are described by Amazon and all in all it was a great investment. I hope this review helped someone out there who are debating whether the Kindle DX will be useful for a student. Good luck to you all! And have fun with your purchase!

By AK “AK”

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น